Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well, Hello Week 36!

I honestly didn't think we'd make it this far. And here we are....week 36 people!!!!!!

I'm so excited to be in my 9th month of pregnancy and I'm stillllllllll GOING (and growing).
The babies had another fabulous Dr appt this am- they both looked like healthy and strong babies! They each scored a 10/10 on their tests, although baby girl gave us a run for our money. She does her practice breathing as needed, but she needs to do it for 30 seconds at a time in order for it to "count". Well....she does it for 15 seconds, 18 seconds, sometimes even 20-something seconds and then she stops. Little stinker!
The ultrasounds to measure all 4 areas of criteria (breathing, movement, fluid and growth) usually takes our baby boy about 5 minutes to gather all info. Because I think we have a stubborn little girl on our hands, it takes our baby girl about 40-45 minutes to get all of the info!
Ha ha ha!
Even the nurses think she's going to be a little spitfire. They said today it's a good thing baby boy is bigger and that he will most likely be born first so he'll be older.....because he will have that on her. Seems we all think she is going to be quite a little handful! I love it!
One last thing about the appointment.....they babies positioning has changed slightly. Last night I told Blake SOMETHING was happening in my tummy because I felt a TON of big movement. Well, sure enough SHE moved from head down to "transverse" or laying across my tummy. The babies are now positioned in a sideways T shape. He is head up, feet down on my right side and she is sideways with her head on my left and her feet pointed towards her brothers head.
Oh man......these two are already keeping us on our toes!
When looking at the poll to the right, this is the week most of you picked that the twins would be born. ??? Wonder if you will be right? Since I have been in to the Dr about a million times since finding out we were expecting twins...I have become quite close with the Dr's and nursing staff at our clinic. JUST IN CASE something happens this week/weekend.....I brought in a thank you gift to the staff today. I do have my last appointment next Tuesday which will be 37 weeks......but in the small chance I don't make it to 37 weeks.....I wanted to get the goodies delivered to the staff. They all joked around with me that I will FOR SURE make it to week 38 now.
I don't feel ANYTHING different besides huge! I feel like my ankles and legs hurt lately from carrying around the extra weight-and I just feel big and clumsy. Blake keeps joking with me about how difficult it is for me to bend over and pick things up yet I am constantly dropping things. Broken glasses, dropped cereal boxes (Kingston didn't mind cleaning up after me on that one) and pens- I feel like I have two hands that are all thumbs!
Well, here is my week 35 belly picture! C-section is 2 weeks from today! I can NOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many Blessings,
Blake, Noelle and Babies

2 comments:

  1. Noelle,
    You Rock!!! I'm so proud of you. You are the best Mom ever...holding out 36 weeks. I can't wait to meet these two spitfires. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle, you look great! Those babies look like they are going to be nice and healthy :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete