Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 37- ALMOST done!!!

Can't believe we have made it to week 37! I am officially full-term and considered "39" weeks pregnant to my Dr's since 38 weeks with twins is considered "40" weeks.
YIKES......I NEVER imagined I'd make it this far!
Dr appt yesterday went great for the kiddo's but was a little eventful for mama. The babies looked great....beautiful and strong and VERY impressive according to everyone at our clinic. Awww!
They look to be thriving in there which is why I think they are cooking so long. I hope they aren't too upset that we'll be ending their stay next week....Blake and I promise to give them everything they need- which includes tons of kisses- once they join us on the outside! Both baby boy and baby girl scored 10/10 on their tests! Way to go out with a bang!
As for me.....I'm still feeling good, despite being huge! My blood pressure was up from my normal range which was the first concern at my appt yesterday. Then, they weighed me and I've gained more than they like to see in a week which was another cause for concern. Now, I will admit that I've given in to some indulgances being pregnant but the room in my tummy is quite limited so I think the weight gain is mostly water weight since I've become so swollen. The nurse agrees......thank goodness! ;-)
Along with the weight gain, and higher than normal bp, they were also concerned with my swelling in my legs. My feet, ankles, calves, knees and thighs are all swollen....it makes bending them difficult. Finally, they found protein in my urine which was also concerning.
So....with all of the above, they decided to send us down to Abbott to the maternal assessment to test for preeclampsia. Blake met me there since he was just getting out of a meeting and I swung by the house to pick up our bags JUST IN CASE.......
They drew several vials and sent my blood out for testing. 30 mins later- they said I looked fine and could go home.
We were a bit disappointed, we were sort of dreaming about the possibility that they'd say "let's take the babies out today". But......no siree.
But, we can make it. Only 5 more days! 5 more days! 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my end of week 36 belly pic. Thank you for your calls/emails and support. We are SO incredibly lucky to have such an amazing, amazing family and circle of friends. Our babies are so lucky to be born into this big circle! We cant wait for the twins to meet you all!
Many Blessings,
Blake, Noelle and Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment