Monday, May 16, 2011

10 Month Recap

My babies are almost a year.....this just seems impossible to me. I feels like literally yesterday that I was keeping my mind busy, running errands, hauling around my HUGE, swollen legs and ankles and BELLY the day before they entered the world. I couldn't sit still that day because if I did.....I'd get WAY too excited. Those feelings I felt, they literally are so fresh in my mind that I can't make my mind believe that it was almost a full year ago.

So much has happened in a year. Can you tell this hormonal mama is having a complex about my teeny, tiny's turning 1?

Well......we're not there yet. We've got 10 more days until they turn 1 and I'm so behind. I must recap month 1o and update with a few other and exciting updates!

Month 10
Huddy Buddy
You're all boy!
Despite your exposre to ALL toys, you prefer your golf club, football or any ball, trucks, dump trucks and LOUD toys.
You love to clap for yourself, for us.
YOu love to give kisses.
You still love those 2 blankets......neither mommy or daddy had "attachment" things when babies so it's odd to see your strong attachment to these two blankets.
You have 4 bottles a day, usually 6oz each
YOu have 3 meals a day....breakfast is usually fruit and a carb. Most of which you feed to the dogs ;-)
You love your daddy.....you sort of entered a peak of stranger anxiety so when mommy and daddy are around you and others are around (even grandma's) you are strongly attached to us. However, you definitely want daddy over mommy. :-(
You're crawling everywhere, side stepping and scaling the rooms and close to walking!
We took your birthday pics this month and so you tasted cake for the first time.....you LOVED it!
You're so tough, little man. You rarely cry, you nap like a rockstar, you sleep at night like a bear and you are so incredibly easygoing and loveable. We love you more than words can say.....thank you for being such a beautiful little sunshine in our lives.

Harper
You're so colorful, dear. You laugh,cry, squeel with delight and cry again in 1 full minute. Your laughter has become bigger than your little body......and so have these crying rages when Hudson takes your toy or you are frustrated.
Oh my baby girl!
You refuse to crawl. Simply will NOT crawl. You have started to scoot to the left, by using your left arm to push you across wood floors. Gets you to where you're going!
You threw a tantrum one day this month because you were side stepping along the couch and you fell down. You laid on the floor and just wailed. I wanted to help you back up to standing but daddy said you needed to learn so we had to ignore you for a minute(which felt like 20 minute) and sure enough you somehow figured how to pull your little frame up to standing. We were so proud. I guess, even through your frustration, we have to back off and let you figure things out.
You have 4 bottles a day, usually 4-6oz
3 meals a day, you still LOVE to eat! Blueberries are the ultimate favorite and were my favorite when I was a baby too!
You nap good, you sleep like a rock at night....and you talk nonstop.
When we lay you down for a nap or bedtime, you can lay in there for 40 plus minutes sometimes and just talk and sing away.
You're very coordinated, not quite walking yet but very good at picking up tiny things, passing them from hand to hand.
Harper, you are a mommy's girl still. I know from my relationship with my mom that there are times when we'll be really close and times when you want your distance from me.....so I will charish this time where only I can stop your tears. We love you more than words baby doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment