Monday, September 13, 2010

Ear, There, Everywhere

So, here is the last ear update for a while. WOOFTA!
We met with the ENT Dr. (Ear, Nose, and Throat) last Wednesday, the day after her ABR and the Dr's say there is NOTHING to be concerned about. No nerve damage, no funky curvature in her ear, no fluid, or debris.....just a healthy ear canal, drum and overall structure. They sent us over to the audiologist again to do another quick hearing test and she failed in that left ear......4 times in a row!
So....we don't have any idea what is going on but we're going to give it a few months and go back for another screening. Hopefully, all that leftie ear needs is a little time. We're thrilled there doesn't appear to be anything wrong, disconcerned about the repeated failed test, and hopeful that in a few months we'll bring her back in and that left ear will pass with flying colors!
Hmmm.....what else?
Oh- something that has had me in tears almost everyday for the last week (or more) is that I have to take my very first work trip which means I will be away from Hudson and Harper for the first time. It's a bit crazy to admit this, but I bet the longest stretch I have been away from them has been about 3 hours. (!!!)
And I leave tomorrow evening and don't return until Friday evening. GULP!
I KNOW they are going to be ok......daddy, aunt Karn, aunt Katie, close friends and our neighbors have all pitched in to help Blake. H & H are going to be just fine.
But this mommy.....well that's another story!
I'm going crazy thinking about it....I just have to keep reminding myself of the following:
I will be SOOO busy during the day at meetings and evenings at work dinners.
Three days isn't that long.
I'm blessed to have the job I have so that I can be home (in my home office) working almost every day.
Three days isn't that long.
My job is important to me and they will appreciate the balance that I have being a mommy and a working woman.
Three days isn't that long.
Blake is a truly amazing father and he and the babies will bond during this time.
Three days isn't that long.
So.....wish us ALL luck! Blake is certainly in for an exciting few days and I know I will make it through. There will probably be nights where we all four cry ourselves to sleep, however!
I will update post-trip with details on how we all surivived! Here's a pic of the babies in thier bumbo chairs hanging out together! They LOVE those chairs.....and they have started to recognize and acknowledge each other. More on that in another post! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment