Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A post for baby #3

Life with 1 year old twins, a full time job, 2 dogs, a busy/hard working husband and WAIT.....a LARGE home remodeling project/addition means that this tiny little human I'm growing sometimes gets left off of our blog.
Fear not people....this baby is NEVER forgotten. I'm 24 weeks today and here's a few little tidbits about baby #3.
WILD- this is a wild child. I was told at 19 weeks that my placenta is in the anterior position which means I'm feeling (and seeing) TONS of movement. This child is active....swift kicks to the left, jabs to the right.....Imay not be great about documenting this pregnancy in pictures but there isn't an hour that goes by that I'm not socked in the ribs to remind me of this teeny, tiny blessing.

HEALTHY- this little baby is perfect! No health concerns, no pregnancy concerns....we're doing great! It was at exactly this time with the twins that my contractions got out of hand and I had to be admitted for pre-term labor. Literally, life changed at week 24 last time around.....and I'm SO happy to say that I haven't felt a single contraction this time. Nada 1~

BIG- I was measured today at my 24 week appointment and I measured 26 weeks! This baby is BIG! And so is this mama! I feel huge already and I"ve got a good stretch of time left to grow still! YIKES!

All in all, we're doing great! We'll have an ultrasound at 28 weeks to check the position of my placenta.....but other than that...all is well!

In preparation for the baby, we're starting to talk to the twins about what's in mommy's tummy, having them feel my belly when the baby is kicking....though I'm not sure any of it is registering at all. Harper got a baby doll for her birthday so we do a lot of holding, kissing, loving on the baby doll. That's followed by hitting, poking the eye's, putting it on their push toy, pushing the baby on the push toy and then OOPS running over the baby on the push toy. They are too young to understand...but I have to admit I'm a leeeeeeeetle nervous with how rough they both are around their "baby" but also around my beautiful niece, Ileigh. Eeek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment